After my first week...
I have survived my first week at ICF; it was a very strange week if I do say so myself. The first few days were spent getting to know my surroundings and becoming acclimated to my new office and all the paperwork that came with it. I started filling out my security clearance the next day, so if anyone contacts any of you please say nice things...hehe. By Thursday I started working on a project for one of the VP's and finally found myself with a great deal of work to do. Hopefully soon I will get sucked into one of the serious consulting projects. I've made friends with a few of the people at work and will be joining up with the softball team just in time to compete in the playoffs. Soon I will also be joining up with the group that goes to monthly happy hours and hopefully I will make them a little more often; let's say once a week! So far the only complaint I have with office life is the awkward moments in the elevator. Passing nine floors everyday makes you stop at each floor to pick up or drop off and forces you to give that awkward little nod. And while we are on the subject I am not really sure what that is supposed to convey.
Thats all for now I guess, I will try to post again soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home