Friday, November 18, 2005

The TV Generation

I decided I watch too much television. What brought me to this epiphany, you ask. Every time someone from work walks into my office, I instantly picture which television character or cartoon character they would be. Today an old Beetle Bailey came into my office to chat with me for awhile. I don't really even know that much about Beetle Bailey, but something about this man, the way he carries himself, the way he talks, reminds me of him. The other day Gomer Pile gave a presentation, not that the man was stupid or anything; his bottom lip just hung out the entire time he was talking. So maybe he wasn't Gomer Pile as much as he was Bill Murray's character in Caddy Shack. Notice how I am trying very hard not to name names, but if you want to guess just shoot me an email. I work with one guy that is a cross between Odie (the dog from Garfield) and the red head from ER, you know the really annoying stupid one. In this case he reminds me of these two characters mostly in intelligence, or rather lack their of, as opposed to looks. I realized tonight how much my mom reminds me of the mom on That 70's Show. She has a cute funny laugh, loves to give advice to people, giggles like a little girl when she drinks and loves to have a few drinks. My best friend is a cross between Monica from Friends and Kristin from Laguna Beach; basically this means she loves to shop, is a little superficial and is anal about cleaning and organizing. I had a conference with Dilbert and there are two guys that remind me of American Dad (one in the good way and one in the bad). Oh, and I definitely went to college with three different but wonderful versions of Sue Johansen, you know the sex lady on Oxygen. So as you can see, television has taken over my life! I can't think of any more at the moment; I am particularly torn at who I would be and who I am dating. Comments are definitely welcome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home